Can I use the swimming pool, golf course and tennis facilities?

Absolutely. Access to the pool is only by the swipe card. Swipe cards can be purchased from the Administration Assistant for $6. Residents are free to use the private facilities which are not open to the public, but you are asked to keep them clean and respect other people’s use. You are also asked to remove your rubbish or deposit it in the bins provided.  There are also several barbecue sites fitted with gas burners which are available free of charge to all residents. They are situated at the North and South Lakes and at the swimming pool/tennis court area as well as at the Office Meeting Room.

Do I need to book them?

Currently there is no need to book to use these facilities.  All residents are invited to the monthly barbecue that is held usually at the North Lake on the third Sunday of the month, at 4pm in the summer months and at midday in the winter months.  It is also possible to book the front office/meeting room for private gatherings.

What facilities are available?

  • 2 all weather Tennis Courts (with lighting for night time use up till 9pm)
  • Heated indoor Swimming Pool (open from Spring until the end of Autumn)
  • 9 Hole Golf Course with 18 Teeing off points
  • BMX Bike Track
  • 2 large Lakes stocked with fish (non motorised water sports allowed)
  • Various Picnic areas with BBQ’s, and tables with seating
  • 285 Acres of Common Land for bush walking with native Flora and Fauna observation and habitat. (No motorised vehicles are allowed on this land.)
  • Our Meeting Room is available for use by residents for small gatherings.


What activities are available?

Members of the Association, their families and accompanied Guests are welcome to use all of the above facilities, but there are some other Social activities which members can attend, such as:

  • Our Monthly Social BBQ which is usually held on the third Sunday of the month.
  • Our Car Club meets monthly for those interested in older cars of other types of special vehicles. They arrange visits to Motor Museums and other outings with a motoring theme.

A group of keen residents get together twice a week to play competition golf on our course. They also arrange away games once a month on other courses. So, even if you are new to golf or returning after many years of not playing, there will be a welcome for you.


What does the Community land mean?

Each individual lot is Torrens Title (individually owned), with Association members collectively having ownership of the common land, which comprises some 285 Acres in size. This is managed the TPA Management Committee.

Are there fees associated with living in the community estate?

Yes. There is an annual levy for each block to pay for maintaining the Tallong Park Estate to a high standard for the benefit of all residents. We operate to an annual budget with funds allocated to a Working Account. As well, we maintain a Capital Account (currently worth more than $700,000) which is maintained to earn interest to reduce the amount of the levy. However, as interest rates have fallen considerably in recent years, it has been necessary to increase the levy above the CPI. However, in a higher interest regime, it can be possible to keep levy increases quite stable, or any increases to a minimum.

Does the Goulburn Mulwaree Council have any control over the land?

Not generally on the Common Land. But the Council retains the authority to monitor and approve Development Applications in accordance with our Rules and the Covenants on the land within the Estate. Our 88B Covenants remain to protect the integrity of the estate, and the Committee must approve building applications to ensure that they comply, prior to Council submissions being made.


Who maintains the roads in the Estate?

The Goulburn Mulwaree Council is responsible for maintaining all the roads in the Estate.

Is there garbage collection in the Estate?

No, but as part of the rates the GMC provides every resident with a card that entitles you use of the Marulan or Goulburn tip at no cost.   See Tallong Park Association link at https://tallongparkestate.com.au/tallong-park-association/ for details of opening and closing times.

Rules and Regulations

What is the 88B covenant and how does it operate?

The 88B covenant is a legally binding document that lays out procedures, rules and regulations for residents building on the Estate. It can be seen here https://tallongparkestate.com.au/tallong-park-association/

What other costs do residents have to pay to live on the Estate?

Residents pay for their own electricity/gas supplies. It is worth noting that many residents enjoy the benefits of solar power. Residents are also responsible for their own water supply although there is a limited allocation of Estate water to residents. As part of the approval of your D.A residents are required to store at all times sufficient water to protect the property from fire, along with a suitable fire fighting pump and hoses.There are also land rates payable to the Goulburn Mulwaree Council.

What are the rules about septic tanks?

The rules are laid out in a document known as the 88B Covenant that is issued to all new residents along with a copies of the Tallong Park Association’s Constitution and the Local Rules and Regulations. Disposal of effluent must be made in accordance with Council Regulations, and treatment must be by an aerated system. The GMC/Sydney Catchment Authority requires Quarterly inspection of the tanks at the Owner’s expense.


Who is on the Management Committee?

The members (usually eight) of the Management Committee come from the residents and are elected at the Annual General Meeting. Their function is to run the Estate in accordance with best practice and  our Corporate Governance Plan, which includes drawing up a budget and a financial plan to ensure the integrity of the estate is preserved. They are all volunteers and devote their personal time to maintaining the estate. The Committee normally meets at 7pm on the second Friday of every month. Their meeting is preceded by a 30 minute Open Forum to which Residents are invited to meet with  the Committee members and raise any issues.

A Country Lifestyle